High school counselors in the Chicago area will have two opportunities to meet with admissions representatives from the 14 ACM colleges when the consortium hosts admissions breakfasts this spring in Naperville on April 13 and in downtown Chicago on April 14.
Along with breakfast, counselors can catch up on the latest news from all of the ACM campuses, pick up admissions brochures, and network with admissions officers.
- Naperville on Tuesday, April 13
Maggiano’s Little Italy Restaurant, 1847 Freedom Drive
- Chicago on Wednesday, April 14
Marriott Hotel-Medical District/UIC, 625 S. Ashland Avenue
Doors will open at 7:00 a.m. each morning for coffee and conversation, and the breakfast and program will be from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Full details, directions, and online registration are at www.acm.edu/breakfast. Counselors may also contact Scott Lewis at the ACM office (312-263-5000) for information and to make a reservation.
The ACM colleges host several breakfasts for high school counselors each year, with two in the Chicago area during the spring and in other cities during the fall, such as St. Louis in 2009 and Denver in 2008.
Pre-college planning materials on the ACM website
Visit the ACM website at www.acm.edu/Pre-CollegePlanning for links to all the ACM colleges as well as downloadable College Guide handouts (in PDF format) on the following topics:
- Going to a college fair – What to do before, during and after a college fair
- Campus visits – Tips on things to do and questions to ask when students visit college campuses
- College evaluation chart – Evaluate and compare colleges
- Writing a college application essay – Suggestions to help your students write their best!
- Questions to ask colleges about financial aid – How families can get the information they need
- Writing recommendation letters – Guide for counselors
- Writing recommendation letters – Guide for teachers