The ACM has made arrangements for discounted rates for hotels in Chicago, nationally, and internationally. These options are available for faculty and staff at ACM member colleges, as well as their families, for both business and personal travel. In all cases, the person booking the room is responsible for all reservations, cancellations, and payments.
Scroll down or use these links for more information about hotels:
Meetings at the ACM Office
- Directions to the ACM consortial office, including information if you are traveling to Chicago by car, train, bus, or by air to either O’Hare or Midway Airports.
- Parking — Parking garages near the ACM office can be very expensive. ACM staff recommend booking a parking spot through the discounted website/app SpotHero, which can save up to $20 for a parking space.
Other services available
Note: The Event Sponsor will be responsible for setting up prior to the event and cleaning up afterward and for all direct costs of the following services. There may be additional fees, as well.
- ACM can arrange for meals, snacks, and beverages to be delivered during the group’s use of the space.
- ACM can make arrangements for overnight accommodations at the Best Western River North Hotel. The hotel offers free internet access, breakfast, and parking.
- Onsite photocopying and computers for use by ACM college faculty and students can be arranged.
Chicago: Best Western River North Hotel, 125 W. Ohio Street, Chicago
- ACM has negotiated rates with the Best Western River North Hotel. In 2023, rates range from $87 to $142 per night, plus tax, depending on time of year; parking is $25/night with in-and-out privileges.
- For reservations: Contact the hotel directly at 312.467.0800 or firstname.lastname@example.org refer to Associated Colleges of the Midwest or ACM.
- ACM guests receive a breakfast voucher (1-2 per night), complimentary parking with in/out privileges, WIFI, and access to the indoor pool, fitness center, and outdoor deck.
- To learn more about the Best Western River North Hotel’s response to COVID-19 and keeping guests safe, please visit their website or their We Care Clean site for specific cleaning details.
Chicago: University Club of Chicago, 76 E. Monroe Street, Chicago
- ACM has negotiated rates with the University Club of Chicago. Rates range from $99 to $300+ per night, plus an 18% daily surcharge (in lieu of hotel tax since it is a private club), depending on the type of room and time of year. Parking is available at the underground Grant Park North garage (entrance is just north of Monroe in the center of Michigan Avenue) for $16/night (no in-and-out privileges) when validated at the University Club.
- For reservations: Contact the University Club directly at 312.726.2840 and refer to Associated Colleges of the Midwest or ACM to receive the correct rate.
- ACM guests receive WIFI, access to the all fitness facilities including the pool and group classes, use of the Members’ Office suite (business center), complimentary coffee on each guest room floor, complimentary bottled water in guest rooms, and access to all dining facilities in the club. There is a dress code based on the day of the week and activity the guest is doing at the club. Each guest will be issued a “guest card” which they can use for services in the club. All charges will be included in their final bill. Gratuities are not permitted.
- Access to certain facilities may be restricted due to the pandemic. Please inquire when booking a reservation.
- ACM has a membership with Club Quarters Hotels that allows faculty, staff, students, and alumni of ACM member colleges to stay at any Club Quarters domestic and international locations.
- For rates and reservations: Visit the Club Quarters website for information on rates, locations, and amenities. ACM rates are available by clicking the link above. In case you need it, the member ID for ACM guests booking online is ACM. If booking over the phone, make sure to mention Associated Colleges of the Midwest or ACM to get the correct rate.
- Complimentary amenities include unlimited chilled bottled water, WIFI, in room fitness items, and more.
- Club Quarters continues to use these cleaning and safety procedures to combat COVID-19.
Our location is:
180 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 2020
Chicago, IL 60601
The office is located near the corner of Michigan Avenue and Lake Street, just a few blocks from the Chicago River and Millennium Park and in the same building as the American Writer’s Museum.
Click on the address above to obtain driving directions.
Parking — Parking near the ACM office can be very expensive. ACM staff recommend booking a parking spot through the discounted website/app SpotHero, which can save up to $20 for a parking space.
If traveling by Amtrak or Metra and arriving at Union Station, you can walk to the ACM office (about 20-25 minutes) or take a cab (about $10).
If traveling by Metra and arriving at Ogilvie Transportation Center, you can walk to the ACM office (about 20 minutes) or take a cab (about $10).
If traveling by Greyhound, Megabus or Van Galder, all arrive in the South Loop, and you can walk to the ACM office (about 30 minutes) or take a cab (about $10).
The ACM office is equidistant between Chicago’s O’Hare and Midway airports—feel free to fly into whichever is more convenient. From the airports, public transportation via the “El” subway system is the easiest, cheapest, and most time-efficient way to reach downtown Chicago. The trip from either airport should take about 45 minutes, and the cost for a one-way trip is $2.50 (Midway) or $5.00 (O’Hare).