Eleven ACM colleges will host an exhibit of photos in early 2010 that vividly tell the stories experienced by students on off-campus study around the world. The exhibit will showcase the winning and honorable mention photos from the second annual ACM Off-Campus Study Photo Contest. The traveling exhibit will have its first showing at Knox College beginning on January 5.
“Working on Manhood” by Anais Gude (Colorado College) is the Grand Prize photo in the 2009-10 ACM Off-Campus Study Photo Contest.
In all, 95 photos were submitted for the contest, through the ACM colleges’ off-campus study offices, by students who have participated in off-campus study programs, either in the U.S. or other countries. A panel of judges awarded a Grand Prize and First, Second, and Third Place in each of three categories: People, Stories, and Artistry. A selection of Honorable Mention photos will round out the exhibit.
The ACM held its first Off-Campus Study Photo Contest in 2008-09 as part of the consortium’s 50th Anniversary celebration. The event and traveling exhibit proved to be so popular that it has become an annual event.
The ACM colleges have been pioneers in off-campus study and have collaborated since the early 1960s to provide consortial off-campus study opportunities in the U.S. and around the world. The photo contest celebrates this history and the important role that off-campus study plays in liberal arts education.
ACM Off-Campus Photo Contest exhibit schedule
All dates are in 2010
- Knox College, Galesburg, IL: January 5-15
- Cornell College, Mt. Vernon, IA: January 18-27
- Lawrence University, Appleton, WI: January 18-February 13
- Monmouth College, Monmouth, IL: February 1-20
- Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, IL: February 15-26
- Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO: February 22-March 5
- Beloit College, Beloit, WI: March 1-12
- Coe College, Cedar Rapids, IA: March 15-April 2
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN: March 29-April 9
- Luther College, Decorah, IA: April 5-TBA
- Carleton College, Northfield, MN: April 12-TBA
For specific information about the time and place of the exhibit, please contact the Off-Campus Study office at the host college.
- View the winning and honorable mention photos from the 2009-10 ACM Off-Campus Study Photo Contest.