Conversation and information – and, of course, coffee – will be on the menu in April when the ACM colleges host two breakfasts in the Chicago area for high school counselors, staff at community-based organizations, and independent consultants who work with high school students in the college selection process.
Along with breakfast, counselors can catch up on the latest news from the ACM campuses, pick up admission brochures, and network with admission representatives from the 14 ACM colleges.
- Schaumburg on Tuesday, April 9 – Maggiano’s Little Italy, 1901 E. Woodfield Road (adjacent to the Woodfield Mall)
- Chicago on Wednesday, April 10 – Maggiano’s Little Italy, 516 N. Clark Street
Doors will open at 7:00 a.m. each morning. The breakfast and program will be from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. Come early or stay after to talk individually with admission officers.
Full details, directions, and online registration are at www.acm.edu/breakfast. Counselors may also contact Scott Lewis at the ACM office (312-263-5000) for information and to make a reservation.
The ACM colleges host several events for high school counselors each year, with two in the Chicago area during the spring and in other cities during the fall, including the Twin Cities in 2011, Milwaukee in 2010, and St. Louis in 2009.
ACM also has materials to help students during the college selection process. College Guides on a variety of topics are available to download and hand out to students, including:
- Going to a college fair
- Campus visits
- Tips for writing your college application essay
- Getting the information you need about financial aid
- College evaluation chart
- Plus, Tips for counselors and teachers in writing recommendations for their students.