High school counselors and others who work with high school students in the college selection process will have two opportunities to meet with admission officers from the 14 ACM colleges at breakfasts this spring in the Chicago area.
Along with breakfast, counselors can catch up on the latest news from the ACM campuses, pick up admission brochures, and network with admission representatives.
- Northbrook on Tuesday, April 5 – Renaissance North Shore Hotel, 933 Skokie Blvd.
- Chicago on Wednesday, April 6 – Maggiano’s Banquets, 111 W. Grand Avenue
Doors will open at 7:00 a.m. each morning for coffee and conversation, and the breakfast and program will be from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Full details, directions, and online registration are at www.acm.edu/breakfast. Counselors may also contact Scott Lewis at the ACM office (312-263-5000) for information and to make a reservation.
The ACM colleges host several breakfasts for high school counselors each year, with two in the Chicago area during the spring and in other cities during the fall, including Milwaukee in 2010, St. Louis in 2009, and Denver in 2008.
Pre-college planning materials available on the ACM website
Visit the ACM website at www.acm.edu/Pre-CollegePlanning for links to all the ACM colleges, as well as downloadable College Guide handouts (in PDF format) to distribute to students:
- Going to a college fair – What to do before, during and after a college fair.
- Campus visits – Tips on things to do and questions to ask when students visit college campuses.
- College evaluation chart – Evaluate and compare colleges.
- Writing a college application essay – Suggestions to help your students write their best!
- Questions to ask colleges about financial aid – How families can get the information they need.
There are also handouts with tips on writing recommendation letters for counselors and teachers.