Go where only the liberal arts can take you.
As an ACM student, you have the opportunity to explore several off-campus study programs that are offered by ACM colleges or partner institutions. Please use the links listed below to find an overview, contact information, and main website for each program.
ACM colleges that operate their own off-campus study programs have an agreement to open available spots to students from other ACM campuses. Please visit the page linked above for more information.
Affiliated Programs (ACM will continue these partnerships through the 2023-2024 academic year.)
Become an international citizen as you explore Japanese culture, build your language skills, and experience daily life in the traditional yet dynamic city of Tokyo.
- Schedule: Fall/spring semesters or full academic year
- Who can apply: Undergraduates from any four-year US college or university
- Host institution: Waseda University
- Living arrangements: Homestay with a Japanese host family
- Language requirement: One semester/term, or the equivalent, of Japanese language study prior to departure. Except for the required Japanese language course, all classes are conducted in English.
- Application deadline: The application deadline for the 2024-2025 academic year is January 2, 2024.
Travel from the headwaters of the Mississippi River to the Gulf of Mexico as part of this distinctive educational expedition. Advance your undergraduate studies with a customized curriculum built around environmental justice and social change in the Mississippi watershed.
- Schedule: Fall Semester (late August to mid-December), odd years only
- Who can apply: Undergraduate students
- Host institution: Augsburg University Center for Global Education and Experience (CGEE), Minneapolis, MN
- Living arrangements: Varies throughout semester, but primarily camping in tents.
- Language requirement: None
- Application deadline: Applications are due March 1, 2025 for the Fall 2025 River Semester.