Go where only the liberal arts can take you.
The ACM partners with cultural, nonprofit, and research institutions to provide distinctive Off-Campus Study opportunities that strengthen the connection between inquiry and practice. These immersive, place-based programs combine coursework, research, and professional experience in disciplines across the liberal arts. Collaborate with students and faculty from ACM colleges and beyond as you delve into the humanities, sciences, or natural history.
ACM Programs (ACM has discontinued management of the following three programs.)
Affiliated Programs (ACM will continue these partnerships through the 2023-2024 academic year.)
Become an international citizen as you explore Japanese culture, build your language skills, and experience daily life in the traditional yet dynamic city of Tokyo.
- Schedule: Fall/spring semesters or full academic year
- Who can apply: Undergraduates from any four-year US college or university
- Host institution: Waseda University
- Living arrangements: Homestay with a Japanese host family
- Language requirement: One semester/term, or the equivalent, of Japanese language study prior to departure. Except for the required Japanese language course, all classes are conducted in English.
- Application deadline: The application deadline for the 2023-2024 academic year is January 3, 2023.
Travel from the headwaters of the Mississippi River to the Gulf of Mexico as part of this distinctive educational expedition. Advance your undergraduate studies with a customized curriculum built around environmental justice and social change in the Mississippi watershed.
- Schedule: Fall Semester (late August to mid-December), odd years only
- Who can apply: Undergraduate students
- Host institution: Augsburg University Center for Global Education and Experience (CGEE), Minneapolis, MN
- Living arrangements: Varies throughout semester, but primarily camping in tents.
- Language requirement: None
- Application deadline: Applications are due March 1, 2023 for the Fall 2023 River Semester.